At our Western ITM Whenuapai & Kumeu Stores we stock the complete range of Crystal Water swimming & spa pool chemicals to keep your pool sparkling clean and healthy.
Pool Start Up Checklist - for when you're starting or re-opening a pool…
- Brush the sides and bottom of pool thoroughly, vacuum and filter.
- Clean Filter and/or backwash to waste.
- Balance your water – test the following and if necessary adjust the levels:
A) Total Alkalinity: use pH buffer to adjust your water level up to between 100-150 ppm
B) pH; use pH increase or pH decrease to adjust your level between 7.2 and 7.8.
- Stabilise your pool with chlorsave to save chloride loss from sunlight. Maintain levels between 30-70ppm.
- Shockdose your pool with pool chlorine granules at a rate of 400 grams per 10,000 litres of water.
Bacteria and algae can grow in pools over the winter, so it is essential to maintain a level of chlorine to prevent more growth, and we recommend you take the following steps to keep your pool clean throughout the winter when not being used.
- Vacuum and Brush the pool thoroughly.
- Backwash the filter.
- Check that the water is balanced and adjust if necessary.
- Check that the chlorine level is between 1 and 1.5 p.p.m and adjust if necessary.
- Add Pool Kleer winteriser to extend the properties of the sanitiser.
With filter running add Pool Kleer direct to the water round the edges of the pool at the rate of 250mls per 4,500 litres (1000gals).
During the winter check the chlorine level once a week and adjust where necessary. Run the filter for at least 1 full day, once a week during the winter. We also recommend that you backwash filter before switching off.
We also recommend that pools be covered during winter to prevent build up of leaves, dust and dirt. Precautions should also be taken to prevent frost damage to the pool and accessories.